Saturday, January 10, 2015

This Week's Summary

It's time for an update!
Well, Dad's off work, and youth group went great last night, and those are the two biggest happenings this year. Last youth group was a blast, as well. As I predicted, the White Elephant gift exchange was very fun, and I left feeling happy, as usual.   :-)   I also left with York mint minis, a chocolate bar, and a gag gift. That was hilarious, by the way. I received a package of Depends as a joke.   ;-)

All is well here in Arizona, and the temperature is at its lowest for 2015 in the daytime. Why is it that January is always colder than December? We have not gotten any more snow since the exciting dusting I wrote about. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I love snow and the many things that you can do with it. On the other, it's nice to be able to cast away winter coats for a whole winter.   :-)   I'm sure that a lot of my friends wish they had my winter. I could call some out by memory, in fact.
But there are also gals that love snow like me. In fact, almost more than summer.   ;-)

Here is an exciting subject: I painted my fingernails yesterday!! And yes, that is exciting. For me, at least. I go through phases of not wanting any nail polish sometimes, but I gave in and put on a coat of coral.

My friend Noodle knows what I'm talking about. Her family uses nail polish differently, though. You can read about that on her blog, Too Hick To Be Square.

I know that I'm probably rambling by now, but there are two more things I have on my mind. One is that, like a seven year old, I am excited about my new shirts.

LOL. The other is that I am excited because The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies is in the local theater! I'm not sure when I'll get to see it, but hopefully it will be soon! I'm partially nervous about it. The last one ends (Spoiler Alert!) with Smaug flying down into Laketown, so, uh...Yeah. I can guess the events that occur next. I have never read The Hobbit all the way through (Yes, I know, that's a surprise to my close friends because I've never wanted to admit that, especially now that I talk about the movies like I know the book), but that's only because, honestly, folks, we move a lot. I PROMISE I will work on picking it up from the library this year.
No, actually, I'll do better. This month. OK? OK.   ;-)

And now, my readers, it's time to end this post. The next one will be quicker than nine days, I assure you. But this one pretty much sums up my whole of January 2015 so far. I can't complain!   :-)  Signing off 'til next time,
Mountain Gal   <3

4 comments:

  1. You'll have to tell me what you think of The Battle of Five Armies - I promise it'll be very epic and exciting. :D And FYI, I think shirts are something to be very excited about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Somebody agrees with me about new shirts. Especially picture shirts. ;-)

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure that second bearded fella on the pink shirt could have been from my family(cousins).

      Delete
    3. The second man down is Jase Robertson from Duck Dynasty. :-)

      Delete