Monday, January 12, 2015

The Battle of the Five Armies

I am so sad that I watched that movie, and yet, I loved it immensely. If you want to watch it, I suggest you bring a tissue. I held my tears back and I needed a tissue. But maybe I'm just an overdramatic Tolkien lover.
I can't stop thinking about it. My sister, mother, and I watched it last night in the movie theater, and I stayed to watch the credits. I was in shock. I cannot and will not give anything away, but it was so good I want to tell you something! Arrgh. Just go watch it.   ;-)

So that was what we did last night. The girls of the family, anyway. The guys just messed around.   ;-)   I could tell that they would rather watch an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie or look at dirt bikes for sale. Whatever boys do, they avoid emotion, I've found.

I had another something happen besides the movie date last night. On Saturday I purchased my very own pair of heels. They are three inches tall (Gasp!), so that was an ENOURMOUS change for me. I am used to minimalistic footwear. This is my first pair of non-thin sole shoes since I was a cowgirl in ldaho.   :-O   I wore them to church yesterday, and didn't fall once. I made sure that they had good traction on the bottom and a wide heel. I hate spaghetti-thin heels. And they're loud.   ;-)
Now, Noodle, before you panic that I'm changing my outlook on shoe types, this is probably just a phase for my teenage years. The shoes I got were slightly expensive (IMO), and I am not growing any more than the shoe size I am now. Therefore, if I work on keeping them nice, they will last for years. At least three, I'm betting. I keep my things nice.
So, yes, I now own a pair of three inch heels, but I am saving them for special occasions, I am not leaving them on for multiple hours at a time (except last night, but I was sitting in the theater, not walking), and I am making sure that they will last 'til I'm an adult. I feel like if I'm careful, they were a good expenditure for my money.   :-)

That is all.   :-)
My recommendation to you, readers, is to watch The Battle of the Five Armies. As soon as possible. It was well worth the ticket price for me.   :-D

'Til next time,
Mountain Gal

4 comments:

  1. Mountain Gal -- Heels? I'm shocked!
    But they look really cute. And if you're vertically challenged like me, then the 3-inch heels will give you a little more height - which can be nice. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I could tell that they would rather................ look at dirt bikes for sale. Whatever boys do, they avoid emotion, I've found."

    Too true. Or at least for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Sean! Well, I know from sisterly experience. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heels, they're super cute. I think that I need a pair!!! :D

    ReplyDelete