Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lindsey Stirling

I am going to take a break before continuing my tornado story. It's not that it's sad; it's just that I honestly don't know how to put my experiences and memories into words. I need something to refresh my mind. What makes me happy? What helps me to relax?
Lindsey Stirling.
She is an amazing violinist that travels the world making music videos and playing for others. But that's not all she does. She has made it a Lindsey Stirling signature to dance and play at the same time. She calls it plancing, and she's become quite popular, if I'm not mistaken.
I got introduced to Lindsey's music by my friend last year and now I love it. All of it. But then, I've always been a sucker for violin.   :-)
I actually have wanted a violin for years, since I was like, ten. My mom said that if I learn to play my keyboard, she will help me get a violin. I honestly love music and musical instruments, but it will be kind of hard to teach myself keyboard. I have the books and everything, but I think reading sheet music is only learned with practice.
And anyway, I do have Irish ancestry. That's why I like the violin so much.   ;-)

My favorite piece by Lindsey Stirling is probably Roundtable Rival. I just like the combination. As I have mentioned, I was a cowgirl in Idaho.   ;-)

Lindsey also did a Lord Of The Rings medley on her YouTube channel. I love that one, because I love The Lord Of The Rings.    :-)

If you go check her out, let me know. I absolutely love her music and would love to get someone else hooked on it!   :-)

♥,
Mountain Gal

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were so hooked! This makes me want to do a post of my own about her. :D <3

    ReplyDelete